We utilise both analysis and practical experience to find solutions for your soil and plant nutrition problems.
Our focus is on optimising production, quality or amenity value by starting with the basics – measuring and identifying soil limitations and then working from the ground up.
The aim is to build healthy, biologically active soils for long term sustainable production by supplying balanced nutrition, creating good soil structure and supporting microbial activity. These soils are then able to support high yielding, disease resistant plants producing top quality, fruits grains and herbage.
The benefits of soil testing
- soil tests take account of nutrients already in the soil.
- soil tests identify nutrients that are lacking, or are excessive in the soil.
- soil tests reduce fertiliser costs – you apply only what is needed.
- soil tests allow application of the ideal balance of nutrients for top quality plants and crops
- soil tests allow adjustment of soil pH to an optimum level.
- soil tests reduce risk of excess nutrients getting into water sources.
- soil testing supports environmentally sustainable decisions about which fertilisers to use.
Independent, reliable soil advice
Our service is independent; and because it is not associated with any particular fertiliser or product, it provides advice you can trust.
Our recommendations are soundly based on testing and measurement to apply only what is needed because too much fertiliser can be as damaging to the soil as too little.
Pro Ag founder, Phil Barnett, has 25 years experience in farming and 17 years in soil consulting. This gives him an understanding and empathy with both primary producers and landscapers.
We do not take commissions or kick backs for any products we recommend.
Our service ranges from interpretation of soil test data from samples submitted to the laboratory, to full on site soil assessment sampling and reporting.
- Laboratory analysis of soil, plant and water samples.
- Assessment of soil and plant nutrition problems.
- Annual fertilser and soil management programs for horticulture and viticulture.
- Pre-planting soil amendment programs for vineyard.
- Annual monitoring of ovals and reserves.
- Soil programs for enhanced water use efficiency.
- Soil management programs for landscape developments which make maximum use of site soil and include detailed specifications for contractors.
- Soil management programs for wetland developments.
- Monitoring of sites using reclaimed water.
- Assessment of soil issues associated with tree decline.
- Assessment of soils for native grass establishment
- Easy to follow programs for home gardens.